The Association for Heritage Interpretation is delighted to announce the shortlist for the AHI 2021 Engaging People Awards – sponsored by The Creative Core.
We are delighted to announce the finalists in the AHI 2021 Engaging People Awards. We have received a record number of entries with a total of 56 projects, and the field was exceptionally strong this year.
We have received entries from a wider range of organisations, including community groups, community arts and wellbeing organisations, museums, galleries, national heritage organisations, wildlife organisations and interpretation practitioners.
Two new categories, which responded to major developments that impacted on interpretation in 2020 were particularly popular – Lockdown Response and Untold Stories.
Indoors category - Sponsored by Novadura
- ‘Walk and Talk’ tour programme - British Museum
- Buxton Crescent Visitor Experiences - Buxton Crescent Heritage Trust / Imagemakers Design & Consultancy
- Castell Coch Interpretation – Cadw
- Eskdale Mill - Minerva Heritage Limited / Eskdale Mill & Heritage Trust
Outdoors category - Sponsored by HDC International
- Land of Iron – North York Moors National Park Authority
- Plymouth Trails - Destination Plymouth
- Arniebog distance stone and Silvanus sculpture at Nethercroy - West Dunbartonshire Council
Temporary Event or Activity category - Sponsored by Artemis Scotland Ltd
- Travelling Treasure touring exhibition for North East churches - Newcastle Diocese of the Church of England
- Glow Wild - Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew,
- Blink - ‘The End is in Sight’ - Barker Langham / Sightsavers / MET Studio
Lockdown Response category - Sponsored by Bright White Ltd
- Bristory: The History of Bristol in 1766 Seconds - Bristol Old Vic
- Scotland Digs Digital - Dig It! at the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland
- Knitting the Herring - Scotland's National Gansey Project- Scottish Fisheries Museum
- #Curator Battle - York Museums Trust
- Zoo to You - The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Community Engagement category - Sponsored by Anglezarke Dixon Associates and Red Kite Environment
- The Colinton Tunnel Mural Project - The Colinton Tunnel
- Allegories of the Senses - The Cooper Gallery
- Black Lives Matter exhibition - St Albans Museum
- Lost & Found: Treasures in the Archive - Wessex Archaeology
Untold Stories category - Sponsored by AT Creative and Info-Point
- Delivery of permanent interpretation and public programming for the new House of Life heritage experience at Willesden Jewish Cemetery – The United Synagogue
- ‘Desire, love, identity: an LGBTQ tour’ - British Museum
- “Represent” - We Are IVE Ltd.
- Dub London: Bassline of a City - Museum of London
There is still time to nominate people for the Young Interpreter and Lifetime Achievement Awards as entry doesn't close until 31 August 2021.