Invitation to tender for Interpretation Project Management ServicesOctober 26, 2023
Hyde Park, London (with travel to all parks)
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other iconic green spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Project Manager to join our team on a full-time basis for a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum, depending on experience (pro rata)
- 26 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
This is a unique opportunity for a project management professional with great communication skills to join our prestigious organisation.
You’ll have the chance to play a pivotal role in enhancing the identity and experience of London's most cherished spaces, contributing to a transformation that will positively impact millions of annual visitors.
So, if you want to work in the heart of London, surrounded by breathtaking views of lush landscapes and historic landmarks, then apply today!
As a Project Manager, you will lead the delivery and management of signage upgrades and interpretive information as part of our extensive Interpretation and Wayfinding Plan.
You will take the concept of an idea through initial design, planning, detail design, tender and delivery, applying project management principles at every stage.
Planning, co-ordinating and managing the logistics relating to the interpretive, regulatory and wayfinding signage rollouts, you will oversee the removal, relocation, installation and refurbishment of a wide variety of signs and noticeboards.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide project support for the rollout of the new branding guidelines
- Work to an agreed timeframe and budget
- Manage a range of consultants and oversee the tendering of contractors
- Assist in the delivery of additional short-term projects
To be considered as a Project Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing projects and processes from concept to delivery
- Experience of managing relationships
- The ability to prepare clear budget plans and reports
- Excellent communication, negotiation and listening skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills
Other organisations may call this role Senior Project Co-ordinator, Project Delivery Manager, Senior Project Supervisor, Parks Project Manager, or Planning and Project Delivery Manager.
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed and use Recite-me accessibility software. At the top of the application page, there is an “Accessibility Tools” button which you can use to complete the application form in a way that works for you. If you think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in touch.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as a Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.
Closing date: 14th November 2023
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.