AHI Engaging People Awards 2023Shortlist announcedJune 13, 2023
AHI Conference Bursaries for early career interpreters – ExpiredSeptember 6, 2023
The LookOut, Hyde Park, London (with travel to all parks)
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for an Interpretation Manager to join our team for a maternity cover contract. This can be on a full-time basis, working 36 hours per week or part-time basis, working a minimum of four days per week.
- Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum pro rata
- 26 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
This is an outstanding opportunity for a creative individual with experience developing and implementing interpretation schemes in the heritage, cultural, educational and/or charity sectors to join our prestigious organisation.
You’ll have the chance to deliver the narratives and visual identities of The Royal Parks, creating meaningful stories that engage people’s emotions and inspire curiosity about 500 years of history.
Plus, we’ll provide you with a brilliant range of benefits and perks to make sure you can achieve your ideal work/life balance whilst working in some of London’s most beautiful and historic green spaces. Interested? Apply today!
As an Interpretation Manager, you will implement our new Interpretation and Wayfinding Plan across the Royal Parks. This is designed to help visitors to enjoy the parks and find their way around them discovering all the best they have to offer.
Playing a vital role in sharing the stories of our sites’ unique landscapes and rich history, you will manage content creation and delivery, and our visitor research and insight programme. Your aim will be to curate a world-leading visitor experience.
You will also manage the rollout of new wayfinding and regulatory signage in St. James’s Park, The Green Park and Greenwich Park, ensuring it is timely, accurate and brand compliant.
Additionally, you will:
- Devise interpretive material for various projects, campaigns and events
- Produce new maps and streamline content on noticeboards in each park
- Oversee interpretation plans for Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens and Richmond Park
- Manage our digital archive project
- Drive improvements to online interpretive content
To be considered as an Interpretation Manager, you will need:
- Experience developing and implementing interpretation schemes in the heritage, cultural, educational and/or charity sectors
- Experience producing wayfinding for outdoor and/or multi-site attractions
- Experience adapting content to suit different audiences
- Experience managing or working in multi-disciplinary teams
- The ability to brief projects to agencies, designers, printers and manufacturers
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
A degree, equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
Other organisations may call this role Heritage Manager, Heritage Project Manager, Engagement Manager, Visitor Experience Manager, Digital Engagement Manager, or Parks Engagement Manager.
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed. If you think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in touch.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as an Interpretation Manager, please apply via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.
The closing date: 26/07/2023
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.