Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic and precious parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital, as well as a refuge for nature.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now seeking a Content Producer to join our team on a full-time basis on a six month fixed-term contract.
- Salary of £30,000 - £32,000 per year, depending on experience
- 26 days’ annual leave pro rata, plus Public Holidays
- Pension scheme (6-10% employer contribution)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Health Cash Plan and Private Health Insurance
If you have a background writing and editing interpretive content for heritage and/or cultural attractions or organisations, this is the perfect opportunity to take on a fresh new challenge and help us bring our wonderful Parks to life through physical and digital interpretation.
You will have the chance to delve into our history and write engaging and memorable interpretive material, enabling our visitors to experience our Parks like never before.
What’s more, you will be able to expand your professional portfolio by working on our flagship project ‘Greenwich Park Revealed’, developing your skills and experience along the way.
So, if you have an enthusiasm for heritage and can create exceptional content that appeals to all our visitors, we want to hear from you.
As a Content Producer, you will use your creativity and skills to support the interpretation of The Royal Parks.
Working closely with the Interpretation Manager, you will research the history and biodiversity of The Royal Parks and write and edit interpretive material that will inform and inspire our visitors through engaging storytelling.
Creating content for both online and in-park audiences, you will produce digital and physical interpretation using a range of formats including information panels and interactive multimedia experiences. You will work on our major funded project, ‘Greenwich Park Revealed’, which seeks to restore and explore the landscape of London’s most historic park.
You will also write interpretive content for our website and social media channels, liaising with internal and external stakeholders for research and content development, when necessary.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist with signage infrastructure projects in the parks including liaising with external design, manufacture and installation teams
- Assist with the digitisation of historic material belonging to The Royal Parks
- Ensure The Royal Parks’ interpretation as a whole is consistent, high-quality and representative of our brand
To join us as a Content Producer, you will need:
- Substantial experience writing and editing interpretation for heritage and/or cultural attractions or organisations
- Demonstrable research experience using multiple sources
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- The ability to write with creative flair and interpret sites in imaginative ways
- The ability to organise and distil large amounts of information to extract key themes and facts
A degree in a relevant subject would be beneficial to your application, as would a post-graduate or professional qualification in a relevant field or skill.
Interpretive writing for both physical and digital formats, including interactive digital experiences would be advantageous, as would experience producing outdoor interpretation - including co-ordinating the design, fabrication and installation of signage.
This is a full-time role working 36 hours per week on a six month fixed-term contract.
Other organisations may call this role Digital Content Producer, Learning Experience Producer, Digital Media Producer, Content Creator, or Multimedia Content Producer.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Content Producer, please apply here This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.