Like to be an AHI Trustee?September 8, 2017
EUROPARC SeminarsMarch 8, 2018
Call for papers for the AHI conference 3rd – 5th October 2018, Chester
In relation to the theme ‘Provoking Conversations’, we now call for abstracts of papers which address the following:
- How can interpretation be used to generate meaningful discussion within visitors to heritage sites?
- How can informal conversation be evaluated and how can it be used as an evaluation method?
- Critical examination of case studies that promote dialogue
- Identification of best practice in engaging visitors through dialogue and conversation?
- How to manage controversial, contentious, or challenging conversations in heritage interpretation
The subject areas can cover all contexts of heritage – natural, built, intangible and AHI will aim to have all contexts represented throughout the conference. Presentations can be 25 or 55 minutes long. Workshops can be 55 minutes long and will always be characterised by the active involvement of participants. There may be the opportunity for presentations followed by facilitated discussion. If you wish to present in this form, please indicate a time requirement.
Abstracts should ideally be:
We look forward to receiving your abstracts of papers by 22nd March 2018.
Any queries regarding abstracts or submissions please contact either Sheena Irving email@example.com or Kev Theaker firstname.lastname@example.org.