Contact Names: Dan and Ruth Boys We have been working with community groups, charities and local authorities to create exciting and engaging visitor ex Read more [...]
Supplier Category: Suppliers
Contact Name: Chris Parker
Wide Sky Design provides interactive and audio-visual exhibits for the museums and heritage sector, for education, public spaces, exhibitions and retail. We also provide mobile and web-based applications to extend the reach of our clients’ educational and interpretive objectives.
Educational and Objective Led Approach
Wide Sky Design’s team have a strong background in educational environments and e-learning, making them ideally placed to bring this expertise to a wide range interpretive and interactive projects. Clients benefit from a clear focus on achieving their own educational aims through keeping people fully engaged and interested throughout their interaction with an exhibit.
Our structured approach to project management is essential to the success of every project we work on. We understand the critical path of a project and how each member of a project team fits into it. By including Wide Sky Design in the team from the beginning of a project, we can support its smooth running by ensuring, for example, that hardware is specified to fully suit the software or that exhibition structures can be built to fully accommodate interactive elements.
We fully understand the need for many visitor sites to maximise their opportunities for secondary spend and have developed systems that allow for remote measurement of key performance indicators thus enabling us to identify and improve conversion rates and sales. We can make recommendations to increase the use or the flow of visitors, eliminating bottlenecks, in order to meet sales targets.
Museums, heritage and wildlife sites in remote settings can get caught out if something goes wrong with their interactive exhibit despite their best care for it. Our remote support package allows an exhibit to be up and running again quickly, a cost-effective approach for more far-flung attractions.
The Wide Sky Design Team
Chris Parker – Project Manager & Creative Design
Chris has worked in the creative design industry since qualifying at Central St. Martins School of Art and Design, London. He is a specialist in the design and realisation of interactive experiences for museums, leisure destinations, events and retail.
He has extensive experience of integrating digital strategies within an overall exhibition design and managing the creative practices of designers within a structured management process and quality control system to ensure the right end result.
Rob Presland – Online and Mobile Applications
Rob brings his strong project management background as well as expertise in online and mobile programming to the team. He has extensive experience in e-learning and technology for education, an essential part of our ability to help clients achieve their own educational aims.
Sumburgh Head Lighthouse, Shetland
Touchscreen interactives, audio-visual exhibits, “plug and play” kit for remote installation.
Cardiff Story Museum
Interactive donor acknowledgement panel, “Penny Drop” collection box.
Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth
Big screen animation, touchscreen exhibit.
Multi-touch table, digital portcullis, digital fireplace telling the story of the room
Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire
Two interactive installations
Eco-station, Whitehill and Borden Ecotown
Bike generator interactive, interactive games, use of RFID
Sutton Bank, North Yorkshire Moors
RFID interactives, triggered by movement of objects
Great North Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne
Full size interactive to rebuild Hadrian’s Wall
Other projects include:
- Chester Zoo -RORA exhibition design and implementation; Elephants audio visual exhibits; Applications of technology feasibility study; Cheetahs Exhibition Interactive; Exhibition Primer Signage
- Leeds City Museum - World View Interactive; 'Gods Top Trumps' Game; 'Make a Mask' Game; Who's Who Interactive
- Military Intelligence Museum - Honours and Awards project; In the Name of the Rose project; Special Operations Executive project; Gallery re-design project; Ashford Exhibition Displays
- Northampton Shoe Museum - Oral history interactive design and build
- The Winding House - Multiuser Interactive Projection Table; Exhibition Audio Soundscapes
- Torksey Lock - Exhibition Interactives
- Urbis - Crime and Punishment Interactive
- V&A Museum of Childhood - Teddy Bears - 100 Years Interactives; Space Age Exhibition Interactives
- Wembury Marine Centre - Seashore Interactive
- Westminster Palace - Hansard Society House to Home Exhibition
- Bilston Craft Gallery, Haley Sharpe - History of Bilston Interactives
- Chippenham Town Council - Yelde Hall access project
- Cutty Sark Trust - Exhibition concept design and evaluation; Exhibition interactives design and production
- Dinefwr - Audiovisual Exhibits
- Foxton Locks - Audiovisual Exhibits
- Guards Museum - Audiovisual Exhibits
- Imperial War Museum - Duxford Airspace interactives databases; Aircraft Family Tree Interactive; Future Voting Interactive
- London Borough of Newham - 2012 Olympics Delivery
- Millennium Dome - 3 of 22 player interactive exhibits
- National Botanic Gardens of Wales - Interactive Trails Exhibit
- Newark Castle - Castle and Conflict Exhibition Interactive
- Peterborough Council - Nene Valley access project
- Robin Hill Adventure Park - Tree House Exhibition Design and Build
- Spaceport - Mars Rover Interactive; Space Telescope Interactive
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery - Cultural Fusion Exhibition Interactives; Childrens Gallery Re-branding
- BMW F1 / Intel - Exhibition Interactives
- City of London - Tower Bridge Rooms Exhibition; Audiovisual Experiences Design; Open Spaces Design and Build
- Colour Museum - Gallery Redevelopment
- Galleries of Justice - Audiovisual Interactives
- Great North Museum - Hadrian Wall Experience; Reconstructing the Past Interactives
- Luton Museums - Luton Life Interactives; Pub and Pulpit Interactives
- Manchester Art Gallery - Conflict and Resolution Interactives
- Moulton Windmill - Exhibition Displays
- National Motor Museum - Nick Baldwin Collection Audiovisual
- Newcastle Laing Art Gallery -Exhibition Interactives
- St Peter's Church - Lady Wulfrun's Church Exhibition; Views from the Tower Interactive; History of Lady Wulfrun's Church Interactive