Contact Name: Chris Parker Wide Sky Design provides interactive and audio-visual exhibits for the museums and heritage sector, for education, public sp Read more [...]
Supplier Category: Suppliers
Contact: Sandy Andrew Carr
Interpretive designer with over 20 years’ of experience within the museum, exhibition and visitor centre fields. I specialise in illustrating our built and natural heritage as well as wildlife illustrations and a wide range of model making.
All of my projects are unique; my approach and methodology are equally individual. Yet they are based on years of experience in the interpretive design industry and an extensive skills base.
Although I work mostly as an individual, where project scales or specialist skills are required, I form teams with other consultants. Consequently, I can meet the challenge of most types of projects.
Model Making: Including:
- Scale models for Theatre Set Designs
- Storytelling Sets
- Architectural Models – both concept to presentation
- Exhibition Models - for display, tenders and interpretive studies
- 2D Full Size Bird Models - for interpretive displays
- Model Landscape layouts
- Specialising in bird illustrations
Theatrical Settings , Scenic Painting and Textural Effects
Research for Tourism and Development Studies
Past clients and projects include:
- John Knox House Museum, Edinburgh - ‘On Stage - Scotland’s Dramatic Histories’. Theatre Set Designer. As part of the Edinburgh Festival 2016, this exhibition was a wholly Scottish response to the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death and showcased ten theatre set models which complemented the one-man show ‘Cradle King’, the life of James I & VIth of Scotland.
- Beinn Eighe Visitor Centre, Scottish Natural Heritage - 2D Model Sea Eagle Model maker. Installed as part of the new interpretive display, this full size model (2.5m), is also used as an educational tool to highlight the size and wing span of these amazing birds of prey.
- North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre - ‘Climb Thro Time’ Exhibition Designer. A redevelopment of the six-level tower into a permanent exhibition space where visitors can explore the history of the Motherwell area from pre-history to the present.
- Esk Valley Trust, Midlothian - ‘The Hewan Wood’ Interpretive Designer. A series of interpretation panels were installed in the wood, which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for its geology of glacial deposits and has a resident colony of sand martins.
- Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast - Exhibition Designer. An arts centre and cultural hub, the building was ‘runner up’ in the BBCs Restoration program in 2003.
- Newry & Mourne Museum, Co Down - Museum Interactives.
- Linithgow Burgh Halls, West Lothian Council - Interpretive Designer.
- Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh - Interpretive Designer & Model Maker.
- Interpreting Scotland’s Built & Natural Heritage - For Forestry Commission Scotland, Scottish Natural Heritage & the Scottish Wildlife Trust. Interpretive Designer, Illustrator and Model maker
Sea Eagle - Commissioned as part of the recent upgrade at Beinn Eighe Visitor Centre for Scottish Natural Heritage, this full size 2D bird model has been used to highlight the size and wing span of these amazing birds of prey
Osprey Head - 2D model birds are often installed as part of interpretive displays and also in bird interactives. This one is part of the Osprey Watch at Kailzie Gardens.
‘The Robin Hood Games’, which were played on the Royal Mile in the 1500s.