Contact Name: James Hawkes Design consultancy, interpretive design, exhibition design, audio visual design, graphic design, motion graphics, app design Read more [...]
Supplier Category: Suppliers
Contact Name: Mungo Orr
MacDonald Orr Design is an Edinburgh based graphic design company, specialising in interpretation projects for the heritage, leisure and public sectors. We believe that listening to clients, understanding the brief and taking a thoroughly researched and planned approach results in creating accessible and engaging interpretation design. Since 2005, we have formed professional yet friendly client relations through this practice, which is endorsed through repeat business.
As a small company, graphic design is our core skill and we can offer this as an isolated service or we can offer a complete project service whereby we commission and manage associated skills such as planning, copywriting, photography, illustration, production and installation. Through our design for interpretation, we aim to leave the visitor well connected with their site experience and inspired to find out more. If you would like to discuss your project with us and see more of what we can do, we’d love to hear from you.
Interpretation, exhibition, signage, wayfinding and print literature which cover extensive sites across Scotland including:
- Edinburgh Castle: Orkney’s Venus and One o’Clock Gun exhibitions
- Dryburgh Abbey: Interpretation display for carved stones exhibit benches
- Fort George: Strategy report for the visitor experience in current site wayfinding and signage
- Skara Brae: Interpretation panels, labels, signage and wayfinding
- Iona Abbey: Full site interpretation panels, labels, signage and wayfinding
Forestry Commission Scotland
Full site visitor interpretation, production and installation for Devilla Forest, Kincardine
- Interpretation/orientation panels for 8 sites across Tay Forest Park, Perthshire
- Interpretation/orientation panels, visitor centre panel, banner and leaflet for the Isle of Arran
- Interpretation/orientation panels for the Isles of Skye and Raasay and mainland Strome
Interpretation plan for roads affected by landslides in Scotland.
The National Trust for Scotland
Visitor guide leaflets for Branklyn Garden and Pass of Killiecrankie
- Welcome/interpretation panel for Leith Hall, Aberdeenshire
- Interpretation panels for Falkland Palace Gardens installation
Edinburgh World Heritage
Interpretation panel, labels and signage for James Craig New Town exhibition at the Museum of Edinburgh.