No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Contact Name: Carol Parr
Since starting out as a freelance interpretive planner in 1999, I have delivered a diverse range of interpretation and activity planning projects (well over 100 at the last count!) many of which have helped to secure HLF funding.
Projects have covered subjects ranging from industrial heritage, geology, archaeology, ecology and farming to art collections, botanical collections, musical instruments, war and religion. The places I have interpreted have been equally varied including nature reserves, coastal resorts, churches, canals, castles, cemeteries, museums, mills, parks, piers, forts and gardens, to name a few.
I also have a wealth of experience in delivering interpretation projects, working alongside the design team as a researcher and content developer. A particular skill is transforming a mass of factual information into clear interpretive themes and detailed storylines capable of engaging people of all ages. From this work I have developed a passion for creative writing and have delivered scripts and text for guided tours, exhibitions, children’s trails, interpretive panels, leaflets, object labels, films and other digital media.
- Interpretation Plans
- Activity Plans
- Content development
- Creative writing
A selection of projects:
- Interpretation in a Nutshell - Woodland Trust Interpretation Toolkit
- Field to Fork exhibition, Holkham Hall - content development and script writing
- The House of Life - interpretation plan for Willesden Jewish Cemetery
- Newport Market Arcade - interpretation plan and activity plan
- Sefton Park Palm House - interpretation plan
- The Houses of Parliament Art Collection - script for guided tours
- Wildlink, Dorset Wildlife Trust - interpretation plan
- Durlston (Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site) - interpretation plan and implementation
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth - interpretation plan and implementation
- Yorkshire Wolds Way Tracker Packs
- Hardy's Birthplace - interpretation plan
- York Minster Revealed - interpretation plan
- The Coffin Fittings Works, Birmingham - interpretation plan
- Coalbrookdale Watercourses - interpretive trails
- Smithills Estate (Woodland Trust) - interpretation and activity plan
- London Docklands - content development and text for interpretation panels
- Valence House Museum - content development and text for exhibitions
- South Downs National Park Visitor Centre - text for exhibitions
- 8 Kenyons, West Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey