Heritage Engagement and Education Officer (Part Time, Self Employed) – ExpiredMarch 21, 2023
Creative Design of Interpretation at Clandon Park – ExpiredApril 5, 2023
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contract: full-time, hybrid working
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 depending on experience and aptitude
We are part of Chargeurs Museum Studio (CMS), a worldwide group of companies providing award-winning creative and professional services to the heritage, cultural and commercial experience markets. We have been working with some of the world's leading museums, attractions and brands since the 1980s, to design and deliver award-winning museums, exhibitions, spaces and experiences. We pride ourselves on constantly looking to push the boundaries of ingenuity in design and storytelling.
We’re based in London, but our clients span the world – from Canada to Singapore. Our recent portfolio includes the Oman Across Ages Museum, the Mobility Pavilion at Dubai Expo, HC Andersen’s Hus in Odense, the Singapore Bicentennial Experience, the Burrell Collection in Glasgow, and Eden Qingdao in China. Our ongoing work ranges from visioning and masterplans, to planning, design and delivery – for clients from art museums to immersive brand attractions.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Senior Interpretation Manager to join our content design team based in London. You will be working on international projects, with a particular focus on landmark museum projects in the Middle East.
On project teams, you will play a critical role, assessing the quality of content and interpretation outputs and managing the process of production and flow of content between external, internal and client team members.
At a minimum, we are looking for;
- 10 years’ experience working in the field of museums and exhibitions.
- Experience of working on cultural projects in the Middle East / GCC region.
- Excellent knowledge of content and interpretation development processes for exhibition and museum display.
- A keen eye for detail, accuracy and quality of content, interpretation and design.
- A strong understanding of audiences and their wants and needs within a museum and exhibition experience.
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts, content developers and designers.
- The ability to manage time and balance the requirements of concurrent projects.
- A desire to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- A commitment to being part of a collaborative studio culture.
- A familiarity with Arabic would be beneficial, though not a necessity.
A full job description is available on request.
Right to work in the UK is essential. Please note, international travel will be required as part of the role.
To apply, please send your CV along with a short statement, of no more than 200 words, explaining why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org