Engage. Creating Heritage interpretation for the future.
Part 2: Wednesday 17 & Thursday 18 November 2021 - 9:30am - 2:30pm
Get ready for four days of engaging speakers, awesome Awards and your chance to star too!
Join us online to celebrate and debate creating heritage interpretation for the future. Get engaged with presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and video contributions from you!
We have three core themes this year:
- How can interpretation help make a better world - from the power of our collaborations to our role in addressing the challenges of our world?
- How can our heritage sites be agents of change and, if so, how does that change scale up to wider society?
- How are we reaching for the horizon – what new ideas, stories or technology are we uncovering, how are we reaching out to new people like those with different views to ours and is telling a story really enough?
We are very lucky to have these speakers confirmed so far:
Dr Edson Burton - Writer, historian and curator
Dr Kirsty McCarrison - English Heritage’s Shout Out Loud project
Eva Sandberg - Director, Swedish Centre for Nature Interpretation Department of Urban and Rural Development, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Dr Dominique Bouchard - Head of Learning and Interpretation, English Heritage
The AHI Engaging People Awards 2021
PLUS across the four days we’ll be showcasing the shortlisted entries for the AHI Engaging People Awards 2021 – Celebrating the best heritage, nature, culture and science experiences in Britain and Ireland… and announcing the winners live!
The social side...
Virtual Conference favourites... speed networking, Expo booths, and the Vital Spark virtual pub open for evenings of merriment.
The conference programme is available below.
Don’t miss this opportunity to engage with the biggest issues of this year. Get your ticket to join with like-minded people to experience, discover and get inspired for what comes next.
Get involved with Engage Part 2 - deadlines extended
Did Part 1’s themes, speakers and chats spark ideas and conversations? Well, this is your chance to have your say in two different ways, make a film on one of the key themes. and ask a question in our Open Space forum.
We've had a busy week and we bet you have too, so we are extending the chance to get your videos and questions to us.
Book a virtual Expo Booth
It may be virtual but it’s just as effective as being there in person! You will get:
● An exhibition banner
● Description of your service/product and contact details
● Promotional video
● Experience face-to-face ‘live’ time with delegates