2020 has been the year nobody predicted, from COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter and Extinction Rebellion.
This is the year everything changed.
How can interpreters reignite, evolve and thrive in this new world? What are the questions we need to ask and to answer?
Reignite – our special virtual conference will be packed with illuminating speakers and lots of opportunities to be involved and have discussions on the key issues of this year.
We’ve teamed up with hopin to ensure that we bring you the best virtual conferencing experience this year. Naturally, we have an amazing line up of engaging and inspiring speakers for you. There will also be plenty of opportunities for networking as well as chances to catch up with colleagues and meet new and valuable contacts. All sessions will be available to ‘Watch Again’ at your leisure, so no need to worry if you have a busy schedule.
We’ve not only got two days of engaging speakers but there’s also an additional follow-up day for you to respond to the speakers and get your voice heard! Three days for the price of two…
We have three core themes this year:
Theme 1: COVID-19 the challenges and opportunities for interpretation.
Theme 2: Black Lives Matter and the response by heritage interpreters
Theme 3: A new-found engagement with the natural world? The benefits and challenges of lockdown for interpreters
- Stuart Frost from The British Museum and Jane Samuels from the Natural History Museum speaking on COVID-19 responses by museums and galleries.
- Uncomfortable Oxford talking about their walking tours of Oxford with the intention of engaging visitors in dialogue about the history and background of Oxford’s buildings.
- Finn White and Kofo Ajala, from Bristol Museums giving details of the exciting Bristol Black History Project.
- Josie Fraser, from the National Heritage Lottery Fund, with a fascinating talk on responses to engagement with the natural world during Covid-19.
But what about networking, socialising and having a chinwag with friends old and new? We’ve got that covered too! You’ll be able to video-call delegates, network face to face with randomised networking sessions, chat live with Expo Booth stall holders, and join in our early-evening social event.
Already in back-to-back appointments on those dates? All sessions will be recorded and available for delegates to watch again at your leisure, so no need to worry if you have a busy schedule.
Don’t miss this opportunity to engage with the biggest issues of this year. There is one thing that we all have in common – we have all experienced this year together. Get get your ticket to join with like-minded people to experience, discover and get inspired for what comes next…
Book a virtual Expo Booth
It may be virtual but it’s just as effective as being there in person!
● Exhibition banner
● Description of your service/product and contact details
● Promotional video
● Experience face-to-face ‘live’ time with delegates (90 mins live time across the 3 dates)